We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and tenacious full-time backend PHP Developer to join its Development Team. This is a fantastic opportunity allowing the successful applicant to apply their skills in a fast-paced and lively working environment working on multiple product development projects in the UK and USA. You will be working as part of a small team on new product development and support of mission-critical systems.
You are an excellent back-end PHP developer who lives within easy commuting distance of Glasgow. You are self-motivated and maintain a high standard of quality whilst working to strict deadlines.
- solid PHP knowledge and skills
- extensive experience of Laravel, Symfony, Zend Framework and/or any other PHP framework
- extensive experience of object-oriented and/or procedural PHP programming
- experience with REST APIs
- solid SQL and database design skills
- experience with MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL and/or other RDBMS
- strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- experience with version control systems i.e. Git and Subversion
- Linux system administration and devops experience, including creating and managing clusters of servers and databases
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- confidence in dealing with issues ranging from front-end to back-end, and all points in between
- experience of working on high-traffic, large-scale web applications
- experience working in an Agile development process
- experience of continuous integration, delivery and deployment best practices
- experience of working with caching systems such as Memcached or Redis
- an eagerness to learn new/emerging technologies.
£35,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year